Running is undoubtedly a very beneficial activity for our body, which ends the sedentary life that this society facilitates, keeps us in shape and brings great advantages to our circulatory system.
When we have made the decision and started the training, there are a number of factors that we must take into account, because not only is it enough to run but we also have to do it well. In this way we will soon acquire sufficient resistance so as not to exhaust ourselves, going on to the next step, which will be to increase speed.
- One of the essential requirements for a runner is to enjoy good health, which implies a correct diet. The increase of the consumption of fruits and vegetables, as well as the ingestion of water, will help us in this, as well as try to take the vitamins and calcium that our body needs daily.
- It is also convenient that we do not limit ourselves to running, since it will be much better if we alternate the races with other exercises, such as walking, swimming or climbing stairs.
- Before starting to run we should do some warm up, to avoid injuries, and we should try to breathe properly, inhaling the air through the nose and exhaling through the mouth. We will have to find our own rhythm, stopping from time to time to give us a break.
- As we all know, our body needs about 2 liters of water a day, and it is very important that we try to have it well hydrated. While running, it is advisable to bring a bottle of water to drink, as well as drink a glass of water before you start.
- When running you do not want to do it at full speed. Follow your own rhythm, start trotting and slow down when it’s excessive. Go alternating, slowing down each time you feel short of breath until you feel good. Try not to stop until you have reached your goal, and, if during the race there comes a time when you feel exhausted, stop running and walk at a rapid pace. If you notice pain for because it is a sign that the exercise is excessive for you at this time.
- If you listen to music while you run everything is going to be easier, especially if you are looking for one that makes your energy increase. It also helps that you do not run alone and do it with a friend.
- You should try to feel always motivated, convinced that you will achieve your goal, and, instead of thinking about all the distance you have left to travel, divide it and do it in sections. That is, if you want to run 10 km, do not think you have 10, but you have a stretch of 5, and once you complete this one, repeat the same thing again.
- Use the last minutes to slow down until you reach a normal pace. After the race, do some stretching.
- Do not run every day and leave some rest between them, so you do not run the risk of getting bored or tired early.
Leave a Reply